Sunday 23 September 2012

another season...


we put the autumn decorations up today so lottie made autumn leaf cookies
3oz butter, 3oz sugar, 1 egg, 6oz plain flour, vanilla extract...mix to a dough then chill for half hour

divide dough into 3, colour one red, one orange, one yellow

take a piece of each colour to make a golfball size, roll out, shape into leaves, bake 180c for 10mins

The falling leaves drift by the window 
The autumn leaves of red and gold 
I see your lips, the summer kisses 
The sun-burned hands I used to hold 

Since you went away the days grow long 
And soon I'll hear old winter's song 
But I miss you most of all my darling 
When autumn leaves start to fall 

ahhh i love this song (nat king cole), think i shall go listen to it right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment